Hope Resource is a 12-bed purpose built "supported accommodation" (hostel) for residential placement of individuals with mental health conditions, who had been discharged from psychiatric hospital admission, but do not have a "suitable" place to live.
We help residents acquire the life skills they need to build the foundations for independent living; in addition to the desired and deserved respite for family members.
Guidelines for Application
- Individuals with a diagnosis of mental illness.
- Not acutely ill, and able to participate in structured daily vocational and work activities at the centre.
- Not currently abusing drugs or alcohol, or in need of physical detoxification.
- Willing to collaborate with care/support staff, voluntarily participate in activities and live harmoniously with other residents.
- Not currently dangerous to self or others.
- Not having any serious physical disability or chronic medical condition that may interfere with the rehabilitation process.
- Currently under the care of registered professionals in a mental health service facility, where outpatient follow-up care would continue.
Duration of Programme
- The duration of our programme is between 3-18 months depending on client's needs, and their progress on the recovery path.
- As a non-profit independent organisation, we receive payments that sponsors can afford to support resident's upkeep & maintenance medications.
- We also solicit the support and partnership of individuals, groups and organisations; in the areas of materials, equipment and monetary donations, as well as manpower volunteering for residents' care.
- Request for placement can be made by a family member or "a sponsor", supported by mental health professionals currently involved in client’s care; by the placement request form below.
- You can download the Request form here